Fatigued by the Fight for Gender Equality?
Yet women currently comprise only 20 percent of C-Suite executives in
the U.S. - yes, we are making progress, but the needle is moving slowly.
With this in mind, how do we maintain momentum in moving toward the
goal of gender equity?
- Make a compelling case for gender diversity. Demonstrate your
commitment clearly so that employees know gender diversity is a
- Invest in more employee training. Offer employees bias training, so
when they see it in the workplace, they can respond
- Give managers the means to drive change. Help managers
understand the scope of the problem and give them the tools to
- Ensure that hiring, promotions, and reviews are fair. Evaluate
hiring and review processes, track outcomes and set gender
targets so that goals are clear and progress can be assessed.
- Give employees the flexibility to fit work into their lives. Look for
ways to help employees balance work and family.
- Focus on accountability and results. Place more emphasis on
tracking, targets, and transparency.
To read the full report, click here.
WE - Women Executives, a division of ECK Consulting specializing in
the recruitment of senior-level female executives in Asset & Wealth